Bruno Ciociola

Bruno Ciociola presenta....., ...I MUVRINI !

« Older   Newer »
Bruno's
view post Posted on 16/12/2008, 17:36 by: Bruno's

... e sempre dagli States.... U nostru sognu hà da campà.

Your new album kicks off with Aspettami, a song in Italian. Why did you decide to go for such an unexpected opening?
The first words on the album are spoken in Italian by this Italian guy who's totally anonymous in terms of the music world but who's got this absolutely extraordinary sensibility we all admire...
Bruno Ciociola works in a foundry and he's one of the people who come over to see us from time to time. He loves Corsica as a sort of 'adopted' homeland but the depth of his passion is really quite extraordinary. And I think there's a lesson in there for us all really – a lesson about how you can love the land you adopt and that adopts you in return. So that's the reason we chose to begin the album like that really because it immediately situates us right in the heart of the Mediterranean.
Besides, I like the idea of having a bit of Italian take people by surprise like that. And it seems even more fitting that the album should kick off with a foreign language as this is really an album about opening doors and playing with frontiers – and maybe that should take people by surprise and shake things up a bit. Aspettami (Wait for Me) is a song that revolves around the idea of a port as a place of chance which becomes a place you become attached to forever. When you sing about a port it automatically conjures up the image of lovers and families separating while others arrive back from their long sea journeys. The port is a place charged with memory, a place where there's always someone hanging about staring out at the sea. And in a way the port is a poignant symbol of Corsica too – after all, what's Corsica but a bit of land and a boat? Aspettami was our way of situating Corsica where it belongs, that's to say right in the heart of the Mediterranean, our way of tapping into its Latin identity. And on another level Aspettami is a very beautiful song about exile, departure and return.

(Pagina originale) http://www.rfimusique.com/musiquefr/articl...ticle_12996.asp

Edited by Bruno's - 18/12/2008, 12:51

66 replies since 10/12/2008, 17:13   2784 views